MDT Webservice - Getting Started...

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I've followed the installation instructions on the site and am having problems even using the built-int function testing buttons, etc. for functions like GetComputers or AddComputer

I enabled tracing and got the following results from an attempt to add a computer using the test http: post fields/button:

MDT Controller - New: Creating Connection with Connection String: Data Source=TSTPEMDTT1\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MDT;Integrated Security=True;
AddComputer: Unhandled Error occured. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'AddComputer'.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()
   at MaikKoster.Deployment.MDT.Controller.AddComputer(String SerialNumber, String AssetTag, String MacAddress, String UUID, String Description)

Do you have any suggestions or need any additional information to help figure out why this isn't working for me?  (Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 Express SP1, MDT 2010 IIS7.5 configured for integrated authentication in a custom app pool.)

Thanks,

Joel

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Hi Joel,

currently the MDT part of the Webservice is using a bunch of Stored Procedures to access the database. In the log it states " ...Could not find stored procedure 'AddComputer'..." so I assume you haven't added these Stored procedures to the database. Find the download at  http://mdtcustomizations.codeplex.com/releases/view/26318.

On the next releae I hope to integrate the MDT Webservice into the MDT Web FrontEnd. So that both are sharing the same model to access the MDT Database. With this, Stored procedure won't be a necessity anymore.

Regards

Maik

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I saw the stored procedures zip, but figured they were part of an older implementation.  I'll grab those and give it another go.

It will be great to do the integration that you're talking about, added simplicity plus a really cool new way to get into the database as well!

Thanks again for sharing the fruits of your labor like this!

Regards,

Joel

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Yep, that did the trick. I opened up the SQL Management Studio Utility and selected my MDT database and then opened the .sql file and clicked on the 'Execute' button and the next time I tried the test functions, everything worked like a charm! Thanks again for your help and I look forward to the integration of this with your MDT Web Frontend! Regards, Joel