7.3 GenerateComputerName creates disabled computer account?

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Edited Sep 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I was so excited about version 7.3 of the deployment webservice because it added the GenerateComputerName webservices that I had to create myself before. 

But it turns out that the webservice included in this version hasn't corrected the disabled computer account bug reported in http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2011/04/04/michael-niehaus-ris-style-naming-web-service-step-by-step.aspx

Are you aware of this bug Maik and is there a workaround or new version coming any time soon?

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Hey ,

I have been using webservices from Maik and there is simple workaround that I have used in multiple environments

Using webservices when you have already generated computer name and before you try to join to domain call webservices to set computer attribute with the following

name : userAccountControl

value : 4128

That will do the trick

Jan 18 at 3:01 PM
rpieniaz wrote:
Hey , I have been using webservices from Maik and there is simple workaround that I have used in multiple environments Using webservices when you have already generated computer name and before you try to join to domain call webservices to set computer attribute with the following name : userAccountControl value : 4128   That will do the trick
Any comment from MAIK ?