Using Tool to Deploy Packages/Applications

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Good Afternoon -

I am currently implementing SCCM 2012 SP1 in an environment with 30,000+ systems. The company used 2007 previously, but we are doing a new install - not a migration.

I found out recently that they were using a custom application to advertise packages to computers. In this application, you basically entered/selected a hostname, selected an application (which was really just a list of collections named after the application which was pre-advertised to it), and clicked Deploy. They said that they need a similar app for SCCM 2012.

I've created something similar before with 2007 using Web Tools - but those don't work with 2012 due to all the infrastructure changes. Niall Brady suggested your tool would work - I assumed hew meant the "Deployment Web Service" so I just installed it.

I can successfully add a computer to a collection - but - only after I enter the computer's MAC address, UUID, hostname, and the target collection ID.

My question is - is there any way to where I can create an HTA / application (without the SDK that I know nothing about) where I could essentially make it like their old one? Again, here's what I'm looking for:
  • Enter (or selects) a hostname
  • Select an Application from a dropdown list (Of what are actually collection names)
  • A "Deploy" button which would add the entered hostname to the target collection and ideally also sent a command to the target hostname to refresh machine policy
Thank You!