SCCM Variable Support

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Good Afternoon:

I want to start off saying that I very much appreciate the hard work you've put into releasing this web service. I like the functions so much that I've decided to scrap the custom web service that I wrote and use yours. It works much better, and is faster than mine, as well as exposes a few functions that I couldn't quite figure out!

With that said, the one think that I could very much use is the ability to manage variables on the computer accounts. This is a feature that I'm not quite sure why more people don't use!

My custom front end allows our helpdesk to micromanage applications by choosing which application should be installed on the PC. It attaches these choices to the computer account using a variable. During the task sequence, each piece of software is installed if a variable exists. Doing this, I can assure that the PC is built correctly with the exact required software, and it can also be rebuilt over and over, and it will always be exactly the way the end user needs it.

Do you have any plants to implement variables? Or is it possible to get the source to your SCCM module so I can add the variable portion to my build?

Again, I really do appreciate the hard work. It was easy to configure and install and worked the first time! Very nicely put together!

Thanks,
-joe
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Hi Joe,

yes, computer and collection variables are definitely on my list of items that need to be added. I'm currently working on the next release of the deployment web service with the first beta to be released pretty soon.

Regards
Maik