SCCM Integration Not Working

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Maik,

I've set up the webservice you created, but not everything is functioning properly.  Any of the AD functions work just fine, but most of the SCCM functions (on SCCM.asmx) are not working.  For instance, the GetOSDCollections returns:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

  <ArrayOfCollection xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://maikkoster.com/Deployment" />

If I pass the IsComputerKnown function the MAC and site code for a machine I know is already in the SCCM database it comes back false.

I'm really in need of a functioning web service to use for imaging in SCCM, so I'd really appreciate any help you can give. 

Thanks,

Phil (philschwan A-T gmail D-O-T com) 

 

 

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi Phil,

sry for the late response. Have been "off" for a while ;-)

The most typical issue for this are wrong permission settings. So the Account which the Webservice is using to access SCCM (via WMI) does not have appropiate permission to query for that information. I`m currently extending the webservice with a lot of Tracing capabilities so that you can trace what the webservice is doing in the case of any problems. I hope to be able to upload this updated version during this weekend. It also includes a couple bugfixes but they were mainl for some AD functionality which created some issues under certain circumstances.

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2009 at 6:51 PM

The webservice has been updated to Version 5. the example web.config now contains a Tracing sections which you can enable to get further information on what might have happened. Also a couple of the Active Directory functions have been fixed.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I am also having problems with the SCCM integrations.

I have tracked it down to missing stored procedures in the SCCM database.

For example, when I invoke the GetSCCMTaskSequences from the MDT web services page I get the following error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'GetSCCMTaskSequences'.

Any thoughts?

 

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM

You are right. Most of the MDT Webservice Function require a bunch of stored procedures. You can find them at the end of this articel: http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2009/01/31/get-access-to-the-mdt-database.aspx. I probably should have them included in the download (and will in future releases) :-).

The mentioned "GetSCCCMTasksSequences" is more a typo. This is a test function I used for a presentation where I stored a list of available SCCM Task Sequences directly in the MDT Database and forgot to comment it out before I published this release. Sry for this. I can supply you with the necessary details to use it, but generally I would recommend to use the appropiate function from the SCCM Webservice as described here http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2009/04/18/create-your-own-boot-wizard-display-dynamic-data.aspx

Regards

 

Maik