GetSCCMSiteServer

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I understand the code is not public, but... I would like to understand the best way to determine the following:

• Assigned MP Site Server (Primary Site Server)
  • Proxy MP Site Server if client is at a Secondary Site Server

I like the web service because I dont have to have the SCCM Client installed, but I would also like to be able to query for these things without having to implement the webservice. 

If the GetSCCMSiteServer code cannot be provided, can you provide the high-level logic that is being used to get this information??

Thanks

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Understanding how GetSCCMSiteByIPAddress or MDT's GetAssignedSite would also be interesting.

I guess if I could determine the site code - without having the client installed, then I can just search AD for the object "SMS-MP-<sitecode>-*" to get the list of possible Management Points which would solve the above question.

Thanks

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Hi Tom,

great that you like the webservice ;-)

Hope this blog post http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2009/12/16/ip-range-boundary-format-stored-in-active-directory-changed-with-sccm-2007-sp2.aspx gives you enough information on how to get the required information. If there is something missing you need to know, just drop me a note.

Regards

Maik