Deployment Webservice History
Version 7.3 published on 30. August 2011
- Integrated Roger Zanders SCCM Client Center automation library and exposed various functions to be used as a webservice
- added support for "Well Known objects" in Active Directory
- added function "GetDefaultComputerContainer" to return the DN of the Default Computer container
- added function "GetDefaultUserContainer" to return the DN of the Default User cotainer
- added function "GetSystemContainer" to return the DN of the System container
- added function "GenerateComputerName" to generate a RIS style computer name with incrementing numbers based on a prefix
- added function "DoesUserExist" to check if a User exists in AD already
- added functions "GetComputerGroups" and "GetUserGroups" to return a list of Groups that the Computer or User are member of
- added functions "GetComputerGroupsByName" and "GetUserGroupsByName" to return a list of Groups by their name that the Computer or User are member of
- added functions "IsComputerGroupMember" and "IsUserGroupMember" to verifiy if a computer or user is member of the specified group.
Version 7.2 published on 10. October 2010
- fixed Bug in "HasOSDAdvertisement" function that would always evaluate to "False" even if a valid OSD Advertisement was available
- Extended logic of "RemoveComputerFromCollection" function so it will be able to remove a computer from a collection without knowing the exact DirectRule name. Either MacAddress, UUID, or ResourceID is now sufficient to get it removed.
- Limited evaluation of new Include/Exclude filters to the queried entity (collection, advertisement, tasksequence) to increase flexibility.
- fixex Bug in MacAddress evaluation of MacAddresses without colons or other separators.
Version 7.1 published on 12. August 2010
Deployment web service version 7.1 released
for the public announcement
- GetOSDAdvertisementsFiltered (SiteCode, IncludeFilter, ExcludeFilter) : Returns a list of all OSD Advertisements. Optionally limited by the Include/Exclude filters
- GetTaskSequencesFiltered (SiteCode, IncludeFilter, ExcludeFilter) : Returns a list of all Task Sequences. Optionally limited by the Include/Exclude filters
- GetOSDTaskSequencesFiltered (SiteCode, IncludeFilter, ExcludeFilter) : Returns a list of all OSD Task Sequences. Optionally limited by the Include/Exclude filters
- GetOSDCollectionsFiltered (SiteCode, IncludeFilter, ExcludeFilter) : Returns a list of SCCM collections with an advertised OSD Task Sequence. Optionally limited by the Include/Exclude filters
- GetCollectionsFiltered (SiteCode, IncludeFilter, ExcludeFilter) : Returns a list of all collections. Optionally limited by the Include/Exclude filters
- ApproveClients (CollectionID, SiteCode) : Approves all Clients in the specified Collection
- ApproveClient (ResourceID, SiteCode) : Approves the specified client
- RefreshCollection (CollectionID, RefreshSubcollections, SiteCode) : Triggers a re-evaluation cycle for the specified collection
- GetCollectionMembers (CollectionID, SiteCode) : Returns a list of collection members
as logging provider.
- CopyComputer (SourceComputerName, TargetComputerName, TargetPath, PropertiesToCopy) : Creates a copy of an existing computer account with all specified properties. TargetPath and PropertiesToCopy are optional. On default it will copy the description,
the group memberships and the “userAccountControl” that holds certain information about account type etc. If you supply your own properties make sure to include at least the userAccountControl as well. Otherwise you will experience some “interesting” behaviour.
as logging provider.
Fixed a couple security related bugs that would cause some method to use the application pool account even if a specific account had been configured.
Improved query performance on methods that are querying for the local AD Site/AD Domain Controller based on the IP address.
Version 7.0 published on 17. April 2010
Deployment Webservice - Version 7 published
for the public announcement
- AddComputer (MACAddress, UUID, ComputerName, SiteCode) : Adds a new computer to SMS/SCCM and returns the ResourceID if successful
- ClearLastPXEAdvertisementForCollection (CollectionID, SiteCode) : Clears the last PXE advertisement flag for all computers in the specified collection
- ClearLastPXEAdvertisementForComputer (MACAddress, UUID, SiteCode) : Clears the last PXE advertisement flag for the specified computer
- ClearLastPXEAdvertisementForComputerByID (ResourceID, SiteCode) : Clears the last PXE advertisement flag for the specified computer
- DeleteComputer (MACAddress, UUID, SiteCode) : Deletes a computer from SMS/SCCM.
- DeleteComputerAssociation (ReferenceComputerMacAddress, ReferenceComputerUUID, DestinationComputerMacAddress, DestinationComputerUUID, SiteCode) : Deletes an existing association between two computers
- DeleteComputerAssociationByID (ReferenceComputerResourceID, DestinationComputerResourceID, SiteCode) : Deletes an existing association between two computers
- DeleteComputerByID (ResourceID, SiteCode) : Deletes a computer from SMS/SCCM
- GetComputerName (MACAddress, UUID, SiteCode) : Returns the name of the specified computer
- GetComputerNameByID (ResourceID, SiteCode) : Returns the name of the specified computer
- HasAdvertisement (MACAddress, UUID, AdvertisementID, SiteCode) : Checks if a specific advertisement is available for the specified computer
- HasOSDAdvertisementByCollectionID (MACAddress, UUID, CollectionID, SiteCode) : Checks if an OSD advertisement is available to the specified computer limited by a specific collection
- RemoveComputerFromCollection (MACAddress, UUID, CollectionID, SiteCode) : Removes a computer from the specified collection
- RemoveComputerFromCollectionByID (ResourceID, CollectionID, SiteCode) : Removes a computer from the specified collection
- SearchComputerByName (SearchString, SiteCode) : Returns a list of computers with the supplied search string as part of their name/netbiosname
- GetComputerParentPath (ComputerName) : Returns the LDAP path to the parent object of the computer (helpful to save the current OU of a computer at the beginning of a deployment)
Fixed a bug in the GetComputerNameByNetbootGUID and SetComputerDescription functions.
- GetComputerRoles (SerialNumber, AssetTag, MacAddress, UUID) : Returns a list of Roles assigned to the computer
Version 6.1 published on 18. February 2010
- fixed bug in SCCM site / assigned site discovery using AD Sites
- added basic IPv6 handling. Tries to resolve IPv6 Addresses into corresponding IPv4 Addresses using DNS
Version 6 published on 14. December 2009
Update on the Deployment Webservice - Active Directory
for public announcement
Updated complete Active Directory backend and added a couple of new functions. See  for further reference.
Fixed some issues when searching for SCCM boundaries in Active Directory
Version 5 published on 14. July 2009