PrettyGoodFrontEndClone Error

May 22, 2010 at 3:01 PM

When the FrontEnd pops up, I get an Invalid Character error for ZTIUtility.vbs (Line 1, Char 1).  Have you seen this or have any idea what is wrong?  Could you give me some pointers on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

May 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM

It asks if I want to continue the scripts and no matter if I say yes or no, the FrontEnd shows no data in it.

May 22, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Sure,

just unblock the files. see http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/maikkoster/archive/2010/04/11/invalid-character-error-in-vbs-script-referenced-by-hta.aspx for details.

Regards

Maik

May 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Ok, I got this to start working when I put this into my boot image but I was wanting to run it from the network as you explain in Tip 1.  I can verify that it is copying the files to X:\Deploy\Scripts but when it runs frontend.wsf I get a "Name redefined" error on Line 1, Char 2.  Any ideas why this happens?

May 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I would assume that you use the same script name and/or class name within an existing script. If you download the files from a network location to a local path and then execute it, make sure you don't have duplicates. Especially if you just renamed a script. The Scriptname needs to be identical with the class name. Have a look on the built-in MDT scripts as reference.