Appreciate the response. I will work on talking them into it (especially if you have already added the functionality I was going to add) :)
I understand on the source code, I program myself and fight with that all of the time... My client just likes to have contracts for software wherever possible (or have access to the code).
Are you thinking about making this a commercial product? For this company, that would actually possibly be a plus... Or, I guess if you decided to stop updating it, would the source code be made available then? If you haven't decided on any of that stuff,
that is a perfectly fine response...just looking for ammo to convince them this is ok to use!
I'll probably move forward with a dual-web service setup for now but I look forward to the beta of the new version.